The link to move in the page.
- Construction Machinery Division established in SUMITOMO Machinery Industries Co., Ltd. (Now SUMITOMO Heavy Industries, Ltd.)
Technical cooperation with the U.S. Link-Belt Corp. (currently FMC) for excavators & cranes.
General domestic sales agent of SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Sales Co., Ltd. established as a sales corporation with 100 million yen capital, fully owned by SUMITOMO Machinery Industries Co., Ltd.
- Begin sales of mechanical excavators and mechanical truck cranes under the SUMITOMO-Link Belt brand.
- Begin sales of hydraulic excavators.
- Name of sales corporation changed to SUMITOMO Heavy Construction Machinery Sales Co., Ltd.
- Begin sales of hydraulic truck cranes.
- Joint development agreement formed with Link-Belt Corp., establishing system with international division of work.
- Receive approval for a training institute for vehicle type construction machinery from Aichi Labor Standards Bureau Chief.
- Chiba factory established, reinforcing production of hydraulic excavators.
- Export of hydraulic excavators made by SUMITOMO Machinery Industries to FMC Corporation for the U.S. market.
- Name of sales corporation changed to SUMITOMO Heavy Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
Overseas Sales Department established in the sales corporation, and the Overseas Headquarters Construction Machinery Sales Dept. is transferred from SUMITOMO Heavy Machinery Industries, unifying construction machinery sales.
- Link Belt Construction Equipment Company (LBCE) established in U.S., for full scale entry into the U.S. market.
Construction Machinery Division spun off from SUMITOMO Heavy Machinery Industries Co., Ltd., and established as SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. merges with SUMITOMO Heavy Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., becoming a company specializing in combined manufacturing and sales of construction machinery.
- Niihama factory established.
JCB-SCM Limited (JSL) established as a joint venture with JCB of the UK.
Full scale entry into Europe market.
Katori Laboratory established.
- OEM supply contract for hydraulic excavators formed with U.S. Case Corporation.
- Niihama factory is closed.
Joint venture with JCB of UK is ended, and global alliance signed with U.S. Case Corporation. LBX Company established with the goal of overseas manufacturing and sales of excavators.
- Directly owned sales corporations are established dividing Japan into 7 sales regions, establishing the domestic sales structure.
- Divided into: SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.; SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Sale Co., Ltd.; SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd.; SUMITOMO Heavy Industries Construction Crane Co., Ltd.
- Purchased the asphalt finisher business of Niigata Iron Works Co., Ltd.
- SUMIJU SCE (Xiamen) Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. established in China to manage construction machinery sales and service.
- In recognition of support for the victims of the hurricane that hit the USA in 2005, commendation is received from the Emperor of Japan.
The "LEGEST" (SH200-5, SH240-5) hydraulic excavators receive the "Good Design Award".
- The "LEGEST" (SH200-5) hydraulic excavator receives the "Grand Award for Energy Conservation", awarded by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- SUMITOMO Construction Machinery (Tangshan) Co., Ltd. established in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China.
- Sales company P.T. SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Southeast Asia established in Indonesia to conduct sales in the ASEAN region.
- Manufacturing factory P.T. SUMITOMO Construction Machinery Indonesia established in Indonesia.
- The LEGEST (SH200-6) hydraulic excavator receives the Energy Conserving Machinery Award from the Japan Machinery Federation.
Technical tie-up with CNH Industrial N.V. for hydraulic excavators.
Minimum Swing Radius hydraulic excavator SH135X-6 receives the "Good Design Best 100" and also safety operating support system "Field View Monitor (FVM)" receives the "Good Design Award".
- Service Training Center established in Chiba.
- Osaka Operator Training Center established.
- ICT Training Center established in Nagoya.
The LEGEST (SH200-7) hydraulic excavator receives the Energy Conserving Machinery Award from the Japan Machinery Federation.